By Mary Noe
Whisky connoisseurs are in for a special treat this fall as Glenfiddich, the world’s most awarded single malt scotch whisky, releases its all-new 14 Year Old Bourbon Barrel Reserve across Canada.
“With notes of fresh oak and velvety caramel, Glenfiddich 14 Year Bourbon Barrel Reserve is the perfect marriage of bourbon sweetness and Scotch complexity,” comments Brian Kinsman, Glenfiddich Malt Master and 2019 Winner of the Icons of Whisky for Master Distiller and Master Blender of the Year. “It remains true to the Glenfiddich heritage of producing fruity and beautifully rich whiskies.”
An exceptional single malt Scotch with a rich, golden color, the award-winning Glenfiddich Bourbon Barrel Reserve is matured exclusively in ex-bourbon casks for 14 years then finished in deeply charred new American Oak casks.
“American Oak casks have always played a significant role in single malt Scotch whisky maturation and the flavor profiles we find today,” comments Beth Havers, Canadian Brand Ambassador for Glenfiddich. “The result is a beautifully complex Scotch with flavors of woody spices combined with ripe summer fruit, a result from the spirit’s interaction with the casks.”
Under the Influence
Indeed, the American influence on Glenfiddich’s new offering is unmistakable in both flavour and presentation. In a nod to the shared history between the American and Scottish whiskey industries, Glenfiddich honors the American influence by packaging the 14 Year Bourbon Barrel Reserve in rich royal-blue, reminiscent of the Kentucky state flag.
“We are delighted to welcome and share this new and exciting addition from Glenfiddich, which is born in Scotland with an American accent,” adds Rupy Singh, Glenfiddich’s Senior National Brand Manager in Canada.
The Glenfiddich 14 Year Bourbon Barrel Reserve will be available only in Canada and the US.
Glenfiddich offers these sip and savour notes for enjoying their new 14 Year whisky:
- Tasting Notes: Beautifully rich and sweet with layers of creamy toffee, woody spices, candied orange peel and fresh toasted oak. Strong malt notes with a solid representation of oak, fruit, and spice. Silky mouthfeel, flavors of corn and caramel with oak and cinnamon.
- Nose: Deep vibrant vanilla oak notes with hints of citrus, caramelized brown sugar and cinnamon. Baked apple and ripe summer fruits are balanced with the rich oaky aromas.
- Finish: Long lasting with a lingering sweetness.
- Main Flavors: Vanilla sweetness, summer fruits, fresh oak.
- Serving Suggestions: Neat or on-the-rocks recommended.
Contributing editor Mary Noe loves to discover luxury travel destinations, properties, and experiences and share about local food, culture, customs, and personalities.