By Justine Tyerman
Justine Tyerman puts Neutrogena’s new Rapid Wrinkle Regenerating Cream to the test… the pressure is on with a wedding on the horizon.
Attention ‘mature’ ladies! I think I may have found a skincare product that really does live up to its claims… and, what’s more, you don’t have to sell your soul to buy it.
I’ve been trialling the Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Regenerating Cream for just a month and I’m delighted to say that my skin already looks and feels smoother and brighter. The product has a fabulous luxurious texture and is easily absorbed into the skin. I’ve been applying the cream at night before going to bed and when I do my standard morning-after touch test, my skin still feels soft and hydrated after seven-to to-eight hours’ sleep.
It’s all to do with Retinol, one of the most studied cosmetic anti-ageing ingredients, proven more clinically effective than traditional moisturisers in treating signs of ageing including wrinkles and lines.
The Neutrogena Skin Cream Secret? Retinol…
Los Angeles-based Neutrogena, established in 1930, introduced pure stabilised retinol to the United States nearly two decades ago, so who better to ask about the secret of its effectiveness than Neutrogena’s Head of Research and Development for Asia Pacific, Adam Ricciardone.
“Neutrogena has been revolutionising the use of Retinol in daily skincare products for over 20 years,” says Ricciardone. “Our science was the first to transform this highly potent ingredient into a pure, stabilised form that was gentle enough for everyday use.”
“In developing Accelerated Retinol SA technology, our challenge was to advance the ingredient even further,” he continues. “In doing so, we created a scientifically superior form of Vitamin A, called Retinol SA, and combined it with Glucose Complex and Hyaluronic Acid, to create a synergistic anti-ageing effect that doesn’t compromise on mildness or aesthetics.”
So, what’s so special about these ingredients?
- Retinol SA, in a pure and effective form, delivers superior efficacy. Retinol SA, is scientifically superior to other forms of Vitamin A, such as Pro-Retinol and Retinyl Palmitate, in providing benefit to the skin.
- Glucose Complex is a Retinol SA booster that accelerates the skins surface activity for rapid results on the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Hyaluronic Acid adds line-plumping moisture to help hydrate, replenish and rejuvenate the look of skin. Naturally found in the skin, hydrating hyaluronic acid acts as a sponge for dry skin cells, hydrating up to 1000 times its weight in water, resulting in more supple and smooth skin.
You can find these ingredients in the following range of Rapid Wrinkle Repair products:
- Rapid Wrinkle Repair Regenerating Cream is a rich moisturising cream delivering Neutrogena’s highest concentration of Accelerated Retinol SA to fade the look of deep wrinkles and regenerate the skin.
- Rapid Wrinkle Repair Anti-ageing Day SPF 15 Moisturiser prevents and repairs skin from visible signs of ageing during the day.
- Rapid Wrinkle Repair Anti-ageing Night Moisturiser intensively repairs skin to reduce visible signs of ageing, even deep wrinkles.
- Rapid Wrinkle Repair Anti-ageing Eye Cream targets the delicate eye area, reducing the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
The Rapid Wrinkle Repair range is dermatologist tested, allergy tested, oil-free, and non-comedogenic (does not cause blackheads by blocking the pores of the skin).
With our daughter’s wedding fast approaching, I’m keen to find a product that actually works and does not take years before you see results. I’ll report back soon with an update on my progress.
To learn more about Neutrogena skin cream, including their range of Rapid Wrinkle Repair products, visit their website at https://www.neutrogena.com
Contributor Justine Tyerman is an award-winning travel writer, journalist and sub-editor from Gisborne, New Zealand, with 20 years’ experience in newspaper and freelance work. Check out her work at www.just-write.co.nz and Tyerman’s Travels Facebook.